Yes it’s true, Desuade Partigen 2.5 and Desuade Motion Package 1.5 ActionScript 3 libraries have been officially released!
Whew, it’s been a long time coming.
This is huge update that brings some incredible updates to Partigen, and some of those innovations trickled down into the DMP v1.5 (like object pooling). This is the biggest update to Partigen since the original 2.0 release, and am stoked about all the improvements.
Let’s take a look at what’s new since the original 2.0 release:
- pixel renderer and pixel-based effects
- tremendously improved performance and memory management with new object pooling for particles, particle sources, and tweens
- support for particle filters and XML filter support
- renderers start/stop automagically without needing to do it manually anymore
- caching particles as bitmaps
- more rendering options such as predraw, removeAllParticles(), and clear()
- improved custom Random class
- prefetching allows you to start emitters as if the effect has already been running for a while
- XML support for renderers
- BitmapCanvas class allows for super easy use and duplication of Bitmap/PixelRenderers
- blendmode support for particles
- groupBitmaping to improve performance on particles with a high groupAmount
- particles can now be any class, without having to extend Particle
- all the improvements in the Desuade Motion Package
- plus over 50 bug fixes, tweaks, changes, and minor enhancements
By now, you can tell this is huge – big enough to be a full new version release. If you’re interested, you can checkout the full changelog here: http://github.com/andrewfitz/desuade/blob/master/changelog.txt
Now the bad news.
Unfortunately, the developer helping with the backport to AS2 totally failed to come through… so no AS2 version. It’s actually an incredible amount of extra work, and I still decide to place my energy on the future instead of the past. So we’re still AS3 only, unless somebody else wants to give it a go.
Regardless, this release is has been incredible amount of work, and I really hope you try it out and share it with your friends because the more feedback I get, the more work I put into it for you.
The commercial Flash extension and plugin is almost done being upgraded to 2.5 as well, and will be released sometime in July. Trust me, it’s worth the wait.
So stop – and download the latest Partigen 2.5 library and examples now here:
Enjoy, and let me know what you think!
(PS. The docs have been updated with all the new additions to 2.5 – http://api.desuade.com/)