Whew, it’s been a long time coming, but 9 months after the first release of Desuade Partigen 2.0, Partigen 2.5 is now available and fully compatible with Flash CS5!
This is actually a HUGE update, with substantial new goodness that’s sure to blow you away. Building upon v2.0, 2.5 represents a complete integration of both the engine and the Flash plug-in, giving users of the UI access to some of the most powerful features provided by the AS3 API. This is a major refinement and evolution with 9 months worth of work and over 121 updates, to provide you with the best particle effects experience offered anywhere – ever.
The Desuade site has been largely updated to reflect the new version, with new effect reels, 4 new interactive demos, 7 new feature videos, and even a more streamlined purchasing experience.
Check out everything now: http://desuade.com/partigen
Oh yeah, speaking of which, I forgot to mention the best part…
It’s a FREE update.
That’s right, current users of Partigen 2 can grab this huge update at no additional cost, and anybody can grab the latest AS3 classes for free as well. Once you check it out now and realize the value, be sure to let me (and everyone else) know what you think!
3 Months after the original release of the Desuade libraries (Desuade Motion Package 1.0 and Partigen 2.0), I’m pleased to announce the first major update to the package with DMP 1.1 and Partigen 2.1.
This release comes with lots of goodies, so let’s get straight to it and see the major changes in this release:
- MotionController.start(keyframe, startTime) – Allows you to start a controller at the given time as if it’s already been running
- ClassSequence – duration, startAtTime(), getPositionInTime() for Tween-based classes only
- Tween and BasicTween now have run() method to statically perform a tween instead of creating an object
- Emitter prefetching – allows you to start an emitter as if it’s already been running
- XML support for Renderers in Emitters – allowing bitmap effect presets
- BitmapCanvas class for BitmapRenderer for easy management of BitmapRenderers
- emitter.particleBlendMode – blendmode for particles
- emitter.groupBitmap – lets particle groups be created as bitmaps
- emitters now automatically start their renderers on start()
- emitter.particle can now be any class, and does not have to inherit from BasicParticle
- BitmapRenderer no longer asks for BitmapData (not backwards-compatible)
- BasicParticle and Particle classes inherently use groups (removed BasicGroupParticle, GroupParticle)
As you can see, there’s some pretty awesome additions brought into the package, mostly refining and enhancing Partigen 2. These changes will soon be reflected in the upcoming Partigen 2.1 plugin as well, most importantly with XML support for BitmapRenderers and a BitmapCanvas component.
Download your copy now: http://desuade.com/partigen/download or http://desuade.com/dmp/download