3 Months after the original release of the Desuade libraries (Desuade Motion Package 1.0 and Partigen 2.0), I’m pleased to announce the first major update to the package with DMP 1.1 and Partigen 2.1.
This release comes with lots of goodies, so let’s get straight to it and see the major changes in this release:
- MotionController.start(keyframe, startTime) – Allows you to start a controller at the given time as if it’s already been running
- ClassSequence – duration, startAtTime(), getPositionInTime() for Tween-based classes only
- Tween and BasicTween now have run() method to statically perform a tween instead of creating an object
- Emitter prefetching – allows you to start an emitter as if it’s already been running
- XML support for Renderers in Emitters – allowing bitmap effect presets
- BitmapCanvas class for BitmapRenderer for easy management of BitmapRenderers
- emitter.particleBlendMode – blendmode for particles
- emitter.groupBitmap – lets particle groups be created as bitmaps
- emitters now automatically start their renderers on start()
- emitter.particle can now be any class, and does not have to inherit from BasicParticle
- BitmapRenderer no longer asks for BitmapData (not backwards-compatible)
- BasicParticle and Particle classes inherently use groups (removed BasicGroupParticle, GroupParticle)
As you can see, there’s some pretty awesome additions brought into the package, mostly refining and enhancing Partigen 2. These changes will soon be reflected in the upcoming Partigen 2.1 plugin as well, most importantly with XML support for BitmapRenderers and a BitmapCanvas component.